Nothing goes better with a good cycling training session than a healthy snack that provides us with everything we need to recover our energy.
For this reason, and as we know that nothing is healthier than what we make ourselves, we show you how to prepare homemade oatmeal bars to accompany you on your rides.
A very simple recipe from Martina Rebull, from Come y Pedalea. Are you up for it?
Ingredients (for 8 portions)
- 200gr oat flakes
- 5 “medjoul” dates (120g)
- 5 dried apricots (90g)
- 30gr cashew nuts
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2c/s coconut oil (40g)
- 2c/s peanut butter (40g)
- Cinnamon to preference
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Chop the cashew nuts, dates and dried apricots (soak the cashew nuts and dates for 10-15 minutes).
- Heat the coconut oil in the microwave for 40 seconds. Add cinnamon and salt once the coconut oil has melted and mix well.
- Incorporate the two mixtures
- Mash a banana with a fork. When the banana is well mashed, add it to the mixture, together with 2c/s of peanut butter. Mix well until a homogeneous mixture is formed.
- Place the mixture on a baking tray (use baking paper so that it doesn't stick).
- Place the mixture in such a way that the bar is plump. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 130 degrees Celsius, until golden brown.